What better way to celebrate Canada Day than to join OLRA’s first annual boat parade on Otter Lake.
Calling all boat captains….round up your crew and decorate your boat doing Canada Proud! It’s time to have fun!!
Our goal is to bring our community together in a family fun event and there’s great prizes up for grabs for those who really go all out.
Our categories are: Most Patriotic, Most Creative and Most Otter Lake Spirit. Category Prizes are worth over $50! Big shout out to the Otter Lake Marina for donating two prizes!
The Best Overall Winner goes home with a cool Otter Lake trophy, bragging rights and $100 gift certificate for Otter Lake Marina!
We’ve attached the one hour parade route so that you can invite neighbours, friends and family to view the parade from shore, dock or boat.
Here’s the details:
- Takes place Thursday, July 1st 2-4 pm, Raindate: July 3rd 2-4 pm
- We will be assembling for registration, line-up and orientation near the Otter Lake Marina. Look for the boat with the OLRA Banner on it.
- Each boat, once registered, receives a number card to hold up as you cruise by the judges on the Otter Lake Marina docks.
- To register we need the boat captain’s name, cell number and mailing address and your acknowledgement of any covid protocols at the time.
- Winners will be announced at the parade end to the participants over megaphone and they will proceed to the judges (Otter Lake Marina) to pick up their prizes and have their pictures taken.
Rules, Rules, Rules:
- Only parade registered OLRA members are eligible for prizes, all Otter Lake residents are welcome to join in.
- Boats must stay in line at the travel speed of the lead boat, about 6 knots.
- Only motorized boats that can keep pace may participate.
- Music must be played at a respectful level to all lake residents.
- Decorate your boat with respect to the environment. Tissue paper floating in the lake is not a good thing.
- Boat captains agree to adhere to all government laws and regulations pertaining to safe boating procedures.
- You gotta have fun!
Questions? Or if you’d like us to know that you’ll be participating, please contact Denise Exler at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Looking forward to the parade:)
Denise Exler and your OLRA Board