We received 82 terrific entries this year so please help choose the winners! OLRA members received an email on Friday Oct. 15th as to how to vote
If renewing your OLRA membership has slipped your mind until now or you are new to OLRA, there is still time to sign up and participate in the voting and the many other OLRA benefits. Check out our Membership page or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Good luck to all those who entered! To see photos of this year’s entries and past winners check out our photo Gallery.
What better way to celebrate Canada Day than to join OLRA’s first annual boat parade on Otter Lake.
Calling all boat captains….round up your crew and decorate your boat doing Canada Proud! It’s time to have fun!!
Our goal is to bring our community together in a family fun event and there’s great prizes up for grabs for those who really go all out.
Our categories are: Most Patriotic, Most Creative and Most Otter Lake Spirit. Category Prizes are worth over $50! Big shout out to the Otter Lake Marina for donating two prizes!
The Best Overall Winner goes home with a cool Otter Lake trophy, bragging rights and $100 gift certificate for Otter Lake Marina!
We’ve attached the one hour parade route so that you can invite neighbours, friends and family to view the parade from shore, dock or boat.
Here’s the details:
- Takes place Thursday, July 1st 2-4 pm, Raindate: July 3rd 2-4 pm
- We will be assembling for registration, line-up and orientation near the Otter Lake Marina. Look for the boat with the OLRA Banner on it.
- Each boat, once registered, receives a number card to hold up as you cruise by the judges on the Otter Lake Marina docks.
- To register we need the boat captain’s name, cell number and mailing address and your acknowledgement of any covid protocols at the time.
- Winners will be announced at the parade end to the participants over megaphone and they will proceed to the judges (Otter Lake Marina) to pick up their prizes and have their pictures taken.
Rules, Rules, Rules:
- Only parade registered OLRA members are eligible for prizes, all Otter Lake residents are welcome to join in.
- Boats must stay in line at the travel speed of the lead boat, about 6 knots.
- Only motorized boats that can keep pace may participate.
- Music must be played at a respectful level to all lake residents.
- Decorate your boat with respect to the environment. Tissue paper floating in the lake is not a good thing.
- Boat captains agree to adhere to all government laws and regulations pertaining to safe boating procedures.
- You gotta have fun!
Questions? Or if you’d like us to know that you’ll be participating, please contact Denise Exler at email@example.com for more info.
Looking forward to the parade:)
Denise Exler and your OLRA Board
Ice covered the widest parts of Otter Lake after a low of -19 C overnight on Dec. 19th. With all the warm weather since then it was doubtful that the ice would stay “in”. Many cracks and water formed on top of the ice. However, in it stayed. As of this posting no snowmobiles have been seen on it as yet.
2018 will be remembered for 27 degree lake temps, low water levels creating at least one new little island on Otter Lake, out of control wild fires and a summer long fire ban.
Thankfully the recent rains have finally returned water levels to normal and reduced the fire hazard to HIGH. Water temps are still a warm 23 degrees.
To check our the fire hazard go to seguin.ca
To check out the water temp and levels go to the Water Levels – MNR&F link at the bottom of our OLRA website.
The Aug. 11th OLRA BBQ is now SOLD OUT! Thanks Brad Chittick and Daryle Moffatt for all your ticket selling efforts! The event will happen rain or shine but the weather looks great for Saturday. 🙂
Our lake artists will be showing some of their creations.
Check out the Lake Plan table and sign up if you want to volunteer to be on the steering committee or help in other ways. We’ll also have a water pump and accessories on display as well as our 2018 Loon poster. And don’t forget to place your votes for the best photos in the OLRA photo contest.
See you there!